Earlier today, Epic Games released the In-Game Tournaments system for Fortnite. The tournament system came as a part of the 6.1 update.
The Battle Royale version of the game will also be receiving a brand new vehicle, the Quadcrasher and some bug fixes and performance upgrades. Save the world edition will receive 2 new weapons (Rat King and Gravedigger) as well as Beta Storms.
Right now the game is featuring a limited time special Disco Domination mode.
Here are the details for the limited time event:
- Two teams battle it out!
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
- The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.
You can find out more about the Update on the game’s official website.