Season 3 of League of Legends ended just over a week ago, and players have been eagerly awaiting the next patch to bring them into the Preseason and allow them to experience the changes that will dominate the next year of gameplay. As of yesterday, the patch has officially been released, and with it come all the changes Riot has been talking about, and some that will be a surprise to many. More than just a patch to bridge the gap between Season 3 and Season 4, Patch 3.14 is also a standard balance patch that brings tweaks and changes to various champions and items in order to make the game more enjoyable to play and watch. While the patch notes are much too extensive for me to cover everything here, you can continue reading to get the abridged version.
- Multiple changes discussed for Season 4, including ward limit, trinket items, and game flow changes have been implemented
- Corki’s Phosphorous Bomb now has a lob effect that gives opponents time to react and potentially dodge the spell
- Gragas’s Barrel Roll has had its cast range reduced, but his Body Slam now deals max damage to all targets hit
- Nasus has received a visual update, as well as a slight reduction to the amount of Life Steal that his passive gives
- Sivir’s Boomerang Blade has received a numbers tweak that will likely make her weaker in the early game, but stronger later
- Support champions have seen changes all across the board, with their skills scaling more with AP or bonus defensive stats
- Most notable are the changes to Soraka, who received a new passive, buffs to her base stats, and various new mechanics to her kit
- Multiple items have been reworked, most notably the Gold Per 10 items
This is by no means an exhaustive list. For the full rundown, you can check out the official patch notes. However, I can tell you from experience that even if you read the patch notes, you won’t know exactly what Season 4 has in store for you. The only way to figure it out is to jump in feet first, so head on over to Summoner’s Rift and see all the changes for yourself!